Don't get me wrong, I am an early riser; my eyes open anywhere from 2:30am to 5:30, but just because my eyes are open, doesn't mean I'm ready to charge full speed ahead. I prefer a gentle slide into my day.
Hence, my home coffee bar dream.
Done. Coffee bar in place.
After tweaking, adding pieces, taking away pieces and about 200 cups of coffee, we have it down to a science.
This picture is an idea of how you could start with a no-frills, basics-only bar.
- Keep your coffee maker on a tray that will contain ALL spills or leaks.
- Keep a stock of non-perishable creamers and sugars in containers.
- Keep a supply of napkins on the bar.
- Have a container for clean spoons and a container for dirty spoons.
- Keep a jug of distilled water upstairs (to fill the coffeemaker).
- Have a variety of teas and coffees available.
- Don't use white linens on the coffee bar.
- A basket of bottled water is nice if you're not in the mood for coffee.
- Keep coffee supplies nearby for easy re-fill (filters, coffee, tea, etc.).
If you have a Keurig, you can expand the choices to tea, cappuccino and hot chocolate. I even use the Keurig for tea bags. I just don't put anything in the coffee holder, shut it and run hot water through to the tea bag waiting in my teacup.
- Pillar candle in coffee beans
- Peppermint sticks for stirrers
- Sugar cubes
- Flavored syrups
- Whipped cream (will need to be on ice)
- Colored sugar in a labeled shaker
- Cinnamon in a labeled shaker (with tiny holes)
- Powdered cocoa in a labeled shaker (also tiny holes)
- Seasonal décor in background (keep actual working space free from unnecessary clutter)
- Chalkboard-style sign that can be changed to suit the day and/or season (my kids and guest write silliness on all my chalkboards :)
If you are having a party, this is a nice idea for serving beverages and leaves you free to attend to other matters. Guests enjoy this and often gather around the beverage area. It is a nice ice-breaker as guests will watch others concoct drinks you may not have imagined. Your only job is to just keep it stocked and wiped down.
Some Beverage Bar ideas:
- Hot coca Bar
- Mimosa Bar
- Breakfast Drinks Bar
- Martini Bar
- Iced Tea Bar
- Wine Bar
Share any ideas and pictures that you may have. I always love hearing from you!!